Suwon Convention Center
Visa and Entry Requirements
Every participant needs a visa for South Korea unless you are from one of the visa-free countries, which include EU countries, Canada, Australia, and the United States. You can visit the Republic of Korea Visa Portal at http://www.visa.go.kr to access accurate information about visas and utilize the convenient visa application service. Also participants who require assistance regarding visa application and related matters, including invitations from ESCAP or the host city, are advised to contact the conference organizers in advance for necessary arrangements.
How to apply Visa :
Detailed Information for Visa application :
Find a diplomatic mission :
Nationals of countries/regions eligible for visa-free entry are required to get K-ETA approval to board the flight or ship bound for the Republic of Korea at https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/viewstep1.do
A foreigner who plans to enter Korea has to meet the entry requirements as below:
- You must possess a valid passport.
- Immigration officials will reject your entry if you present him/her an expired or fake/false passport.
- You must possess a valid visa.
- You must enter before the expiry date of your visa. Moreover, immigration officials may reject your entry if your Visa type does not match with your entry purpose.
※ You can enter without a visa, if you are:
- A person who will enter the Korea before the expiry date of his/her re-entry permit or has been exempted from his/her re-entry permit.
- A citizen of a country who is exempted in accordance with the visa exemption agreement between his/her country and the Korea
- A person specially approved by the Presidential Decree who will enter the Korea to contribute to international relations, national interests and the tourism industry of Korea.
- A person who has been issued a refugee travel document and will enter Korea before the expiry date
You must not have any grounds for entry restrictions in accordance with the Immigration Act.
Type of Visa and period of validity
- Single-entry Visa : You can enter once before the expiry date
- Double-entry Visa : You can enter twice before the expiry date (6 months)
- Multiple-entry Visa : You can enter unlimited times before the expiry date (1 year, 3 years, 5 years)